If you answer "yes" to any other the questions below, your home wiring system needs attention:
- Do fuses blow or circuit breakers trip often?
- Do you have too few switches, outlets and lights?
- Do you use extension cords frequently?
- Do the lights dim and TV picture shrink when refrigerator or other equipment starts?
- Does you toaster or electric iron heat slowly?
Fuses or circuit breakers of greater amperage will not correct improper wiring or low-voltage problems. Only proper circuit protection will ensure safety. If you don't have enough circuits to serve all of your electrical equipment, contact Action Electric of Lafayette to assess whether you may need a larger service entrance.